Timber Exchange makes it a point to keep the discussion
Sawmilling in South America and Global Competition
Hosted by the CEO of Timber Exchange, Amir Rashad
In this episode of our podcast, we bring on board Ryan Wolters (VP Sales of CMPC Maderas) and Daniel Kokot (Commercial Manager, Berneck), two undisputable leaders in the forestry market, to exchange views about sawmilling in South America, exporting globally, volatility over the past 2 years and what they expect going forward.
Key Points of Discussion:
1. What makes the forestry industry in South America globally competitive, and unique
2. Strategies to compete in markets like the USA, Saudi, and China
3. The changes that have been seen in wood production and consumption over the past decade
4. Changes in market dynamics and export balance over the past years
5. Can and will South American producers take a larger share of the US Market?
6. Untapped export markets they wish to work with & what they look for in a customer/market
7. The challenges faced due to the volatile demand and price swings of the market and the ways used to overcome them
8. The expectations from the upcoming 6 to 12 months
9. How to balance and manage logistics in the current ocean freight situation
You can get more information on the global timber supply chain by visiting https://www.timber.exchange/.