Industries across the globe are experiencing a wave of the digital revolution through automation that promises to transform the overall scenario of doing things!
So why should forestry be left behind, when digital logistics already made its way on it? In a global business environment where forestry is a complicated industry and still remains unexplored, there is a requirement for a value adding processes to coordinate with colleagues, manage tenders, goods or logistics. At the same time, rising demand puts pressure on the supply chain companies and on the inventory stored by them. A lack of an integrated process, such as supply chain analytics and visibility could minimise the productivity and customer satisfaction. Integrating automation into the supply chain operations will enable the companies to provide a seamless delivery without any extra hassles.
What is the first thing that comes to your mind, when you hear the word logistics automation? To achieve logistics success, companies in supply chain sectors must meet two critical factors which are speed and variety.
Automation or automated capabilities in the supply chain signify the use of digital control systems, or software that helps to enhance the efficiency of import and export operations. One of the key aspects of the digital supply chain is to create a streamlined communication platform across all levels so that employees can have a shared view of all the activities and communication records. The main aim is to create a transparent platform and enhance accountability over actions.
The European Union contributes to almost 5% of the global forests. Contextually, timber supply is a subject of an endless variety of products which makes it a complex process. The timber and redwood supply processes deal with various grading requirements. It includes translating language in the overseas marketplace, managing communication flow among stakeholders. Hence, the lack of proper supply chain strategy and the lack of digital technologies could easily disrupt the balance in the process.
To help you with the complicated issues, Timber Exchange has created digital automation within the forestry industry. The software platform is the first of its kind that seeks to digitalize the global timber supply chain, establishing cross-border collaboration, and boost automation.
The platform provides sophisticated logistics activity and an integrated trade platform that eliminates the need for redundant trade activities as well as saves unnecessary expenses. Specifically, Timber Exchange is designed to simplify critical supply chain activities and automate resource allocation.
Automation can completely integrate with logistics management. Hence, it provides you with greater organizational control and automated systems to meet the rising demands of business regulations as they come along. So, let’s get through some of the benefits of the digital supply chain which are not for the customers, but the supply chain companies who want to keep their consumers satisfied.
Often managers get busy doing important tasks, thus leaving them with no spare time to concentrate on business growth. But what if managers, could fetch data and analyse it in real-time? That is where supply chain automation comes into play. The software platform helps to automate simple tasks such as follow-ups, reminders, and sharing tenders via mail. This could save managers valuable time, which could add up to the completion of more important tasks. At the same time, it allows your organization to better manage your supply chain processes.
There is no permanent way to completely eliminate human mistakes. However, implementing digital automation in the warehouse will surely help you to reduce operational error. Automation may not always mean using robotics in your supply chain process. The main intention of the software is to automate 80% of your processes, leaving the least 20% for value-added processes. Most importantly, it allows you to eliminate the need for manual entry that may lead to increasing shipping costs. Also, it may result in improper coordination as well as penalties for documentation errors. To protect your company from any kind of logistics error, digital transformation in the timber industry is always important.
If you are still not sure where to begin your search? Don’t hesitate to contact us at Timber Exchange. At Timber Exchange, we thrive to understand the needs of our customers and help them get through everyday changes in business routines and processes. To help our valued customers with the best support, we offer customized onboarding processes considering the needs of your company.
For a better understanding of our supply-chain automation platform, request a demo to pre-test our software before using it! Take the demo Now!